- Three dormitory rooms. Mattresses are supplied, but visitors need to bring their own sleeping-bags.
- Toilets and two hot showers.
- Central heating.
- Cooking and dining facilities – gas rings, kettle, fridge. Utensils, crockery, cutlery, cleaning materials are supplied.
- Common room with stove. Fuel is not supplied.
The Hut has 21 bed spaces. Visitors are expected to contribute towards the upkeep of the hut. The minimum contribution expected is:
- IMC members and members of clubs with reciprocal rights: €5.00
- Others (including other MI clubs): €15.00
Bookings on an exclusive-use basis must be specifically agreed beforehand.
Parking is available for up to 10 cars. IMC members are always welcome to park at the Hut, assuming there is space.
For enquiries and bookings, contact the hut warden at firstname.lastname@example.org
|FRCC||The IMC is a kindred club of the Fell and Rock Climbing Club of the English Lake District and this entitles our members to stay in any of their 7 huts – 5 in the Lake District and 2 in Scotland. For full information about locations and how to book, download their information sheet, and visit their website at www.frcc.co.uk.|
|Climbers Club||We also have reciprocal rights in huts belonging to the Climbers’ Club in the UK (Wales, Cornwall and Scotland). Details here|
|LMC||London Mountaineering Club have also given us reciprocal rights to their hut in the Llanberis Pass. Details on their website.|
|MAM||We have also kindred club status with The Midland Association of Mountaineers which gives IMC members access to their huts in Snowdonia and Coniston. Details on their website.|
The Hut is located about 3km west of Laragh village.
From Dublin by road
- Follow the N11 (Wexford) road from Donnybrook, or the M50 which leads on to the N11.
- After bypassing Bray, turn off (towards Glendalough) at Kilmacanogue.
- Follow the signs towards Glendalough, going straight through Roundwood, Annamoe, and finally Laragh (last shop for supplies of food, drink, fuel).
- 1.5km after Laragh there’s a major fork in the road; take the right one(Signposted Blessington/Hollywood/Wicklow Gap), and about 1km up the road on the left is the Hut (it says IMC Hut on the pillar, slow down or you might miss it).
Alternatively, travel the Military Road from Rathfarnham, straight through the Sally Gap, and on to Laragh. Turn right at Laragh.
From Dublin by bus
St. Kevin’s Bus Co. runs a twice-daily service from Dublin(Dawson St.) via Bray to Glendalough.