The club year starts on 1st November. Membership is open to anybody over 18 years of age who has an interest in mountaineering.
- Click here for new membership
- Click here to renew an existing membership
- Take part is organized trips, events & training throughout the year.
- You can take part in our New Members Programme (April-June).
- Membership entitles you to discount at outdoor-equipment shops in UK & Ireland (typically 10%).
- Access to the club Hut in Glendalough and also to huts in the UK of clubs with whom we have reciprocal rights.
- Access to the Club’s extensive library.
- A subscription to the Club’s Newsletter.
- Joining the IMC is a great way to meet lots of fellow mountaineers & climbers. You will never be short of a partner!
- Public liability and limited personal accident insurance cover (details here). In addition, members wishing to purchase BMC insurance (normally only available to BMC members) should note that MI membership also qualifies you for this.
- A subscription to the quarterly Mountain Log magazine.
- Further discounts at outdoor-equipment shops, as well as discounts with Stena Line ferries and selected accommodation.
- Opportunity to attend MI Meets & Gatherings with training & workshops.
- Access to grants.
- Further benefits as detailed here.
Mountaineering Ireland’s Aspect of Membership
A significant part of our subscription fees (€27.90) goes towards Mountaineering Ireland membership, benefits of which include:
If you have any issues or questions, please contact our Membership Secretary.
The IMC does not produce its own Membership Cards, instead we use the cards distributed by Mountaineering Ireland which show your name and “Irish Mountaineering Club” on the front.
However, if you pay your MI subscription through another club then obviously this will not be the case but your MI card will be enough to secure discounts in most outdoor stores. In exceptional cases where you need to prove membership of the IMC, please contact our Membership Secretary for assistance.
Have your contact details changed?
Responsibility for maintenance of your personal details lies with you. For example, if your email or postal address changes during the year, please log on to GroupSpaces and update your details, otherwise you risk having your Newsletter, MI card or other important items sent to the incorrect address.
You should also ensure that your details are correct in Mountaineering Ireland database. This is required to purchase your MI Subscription & ensure your copy of Mountain Log magazine is posted out to you correctly. Your Logon Id within MI’s website is your email address.