- This event has passed.
Irish Mountaineering Club Alpine Meet
August 18, 2017 @ 8:00 am - September 3, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
It’s about time to start IMC Alpine Meets. Join myself and a few other IMC fellows to explore the Mont-Blanc massif, a paradise for any outdoor activity, either for a few days or full 2 weeks.
Chamonix valley never disappoints and offers a range of activities suitable to everyone, from hill walking, trail running, road / mountain biking to something closer to our heart, rock-climbing and mountaineering.
Depending on the interest and numbers, I’m thinking to arrange the following activities during the meet:
• Half day or full day treks (free of charge)
• 4 days Tour du Mont-Blanc trek (free of charge)
• Single pitch climbs in the Chamonix valley (free of charge)
• Multi pitch climbs in the Chamonix valley (free of charge)
• Workshop in specific mountaineering skills carried by English speaking UIAGM qualified High Mountain Guide (cost involved)
• Guided mountaineering routes carried by English speaking UIAGM qualified High Mountain Guide (cost involved)
Of course you can come with your regular climbing partner and enjoy your days independently or come and team up with someone having similar climbing/mountaineering skills to climb independently.
To get an idea about the budget:
• Air ticket: 200 EUR including baggage fee
Geneva-Chamonix-Geneva: 50 EUR
Shuttle in Chamonix valley – free of charge
Austrian Alpine Club 53GBP
• Ski Pass: 9 consecutive days 148 EUR
Camping: 70.20 EUR per week (1 person, 1 tent per allotment- 6 nights) or 110.40 EUR per week (2 people, 2 tents per allotment – 6 nights)
Camping calculation: 11.70 EUR per day (6.50 EUR person + 5 EUR allotment + 0.20 EUR tax, note: allotment can be shared if no car/caravan is used)
Chalet: 540 EUR/week (up to 4 people)
• Mountain guide fee: 350 EUR per day, can be split up to 2-3 people, depending on the route
• Mountain equipment rental (boots, crampons and ice-axes): 20 EUR/day.
Note: I’m acting up as facilitator only. You will be responsible for all bookings and your own safety. It’s not an organized, commercial trip and as such you won’t be covered by insurance. It’s simply an informal, like-minded group meet and if you chose to come, you must take the full responsibility for your own safety. Personal accident, liability and heli rescue (for mountaineering) insurance is highly recommended.
More information will follow in early April 2017.
Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions in the meantime.