The IMC Hut is located in Glendasan, Glendalough, Co. Wicklow, in the heart of the Wicklow mountains and within walking distance of the popular climbing crag at Glendalough. It provides basic rustic self-catering accommodation. The IMC is happy to share it with outside individuals and groups involved in mountaineering and related activities.
- Three dormitory rooms. Mattresses are supplied, but visitors need to bring their own sleeping-bags.
- Toilets and two hot showers.
- Central heating.
- Cooking and dining facilities – gas rings, kettle, fridge. Utensils, crockery, cutlery, cleaning materials are supplied.
- Common room with stove. Fuel is not supplied.
Parking is available for up to 10 cars. Do not block our neighbours’ gates
There is space to camp at the back of the Hut.
No Dogs Allowed
Visitors need to be aware of the serious issue with regard to dogs/pets in the vicinity. Our neighbour grazes his stock, sheep/lambs in the hut field right up to our yard boundary.
The Hut has 21 bed spaces. Visitors are expected to contribute towards the upkeep of the hut.
|Affiliation||Minimum contribution per person per night (€)|
|Kindred club member||5.00|
|Affiliated with Mountaineering Ireland (MI), directly or through a club||15.00|
Bookings on an exclusive-use basis must be specifically agreed beforehand.
Parking is available for up to 10 cars. IMC members are always welcome to park at the Hut, assuming there is space.
For queries about:
- Accommodation and events, contact the Hut Bookings Clerk (Sé O Hanlon) at [email protected]
- Maintenance, supplies and works, contact the Hut Warden (Ed Hick) at [email protected]
The Hut is located about 3km west of Laragh village.
From Dublin by road
- Follow the N11 (Wexford) road from Donnybrook, or the M50 which leads on to the N11.
- After bypassing Bray, turn off (towards Glendalough) at Kilmacanogue.
- Follow the signs towards Glendalough, going straight through Roundwood, Annamoe, and finally Laragh (last shop for supplies of food, drink, fuel).
- 1.5km after Laragh there’s a major fork in the road; take the right one(Signposted Blessington/Hollywood/Wicklow Gap), and about 1km up the road on the left is the Hut (it says IMC Hut on the pillar, slow down or you might miss it).
Alternatively, travel the Military Road from Rathfarnham, straight through the Sally Gap, and on to Laragh. Turn right at Laragh.
From Dublin by bus
St. Kevin’s Bus Co. runs a twice-daily service from Dublin(Dawson St.) via Bray to Glendalough.