The IMC Hut is located in Glendasan, Glendalough, Co. Wicklow, in the heart of the Wicklow mountains and within walking distance of the popular climbing crag at Glendalough. It provides basic hostel style rustic self-catering shared accommodation. The IMC is happy to share it with outside individuals and groups involved in mountaineering and related activities.
- Three dormitory rooms. Mattresses are supplied, but visitors need to bring their own sleeping-bags.
- Toilets and two showers.
- Central heating.
- Self Catering Cooking facilities – gas rings, kettle, fridge. Utensils, crockery, cutlery.
- Common room with stove. Fuel is not supplied.
- Leave it as you find it – guests clean up and take their rubbish away with them.
Parking is available for up to 10 cars. Please do not block our neighbours gates
There is space to camp at the back of the Hut and in the field.
The Hut can be very busy at times and is used for several events during the year so whether you intend staying in the hut or camping in a tent or van, booking is necessary
The Hut has 21 bed spaces, other people may also be sharing the hut during your stay. Visitors are expected to contribute towards the upkeep of the hut.
Please bear in mind that the hut is run by volunteers, you should make your booking inquiry a minimum of 1 week in advance to avoid disappointment
To Book a stay or to camp(including vans) please email the Hut Warden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All bookings must be Accepted via email before being approved.
The hut is not available during the following dates:
2nd-3rd Dec 2022
31st Dec-2nd Jan 2023
Parking is available for up to 10 cars. IMC members are always welcome to park at the Hut, assuming there is space, you cannot charge electric vehicles using the hut electrical system
No Dogs Allowed
Visitors need to be aware of the serious issue with regard to dogs/pets in the vicinity. Our neighbour grazes his stock, sheep/lambs in the hut field right up to our yard boundary.
Do not use the hut electrical outlets to charge EV electric vehicles
For queries about:
- Accommodation and events,
- Maintenance, supplies and works, contact the Hut Warden at email@example.com
The Hut is located about 3km west of Laragh village, EIRCODE: A98 EY91
From Dublin by road
- Follow the N11 (Wexford) road from Donnybrook, or the M50 which leads on to the N11.
- After bypassing Bray, turn off (towards Glendalough) at Kilmacanogue.
- Follow the signs towards Glendalough, going straight through Roundwood, Annamoe, and finally Laragh (last shop for supplies of food, drink, fuel).
- 1.5km after Laragh there’s a major fork in the road; take the right one (Signposted Blessington/Hollywood/Wicklow Gap), and about 1km up the road on the left is the Hut (it says IMC Hut on the pillar, slow down or you might miss it).
Alternatively, travel the Military Road from Rathfarnham, straight through the Sally Gap, and on to Laragh. Turn right at Laragh.
From Dublin by bus
St. Kevin’s Bus Co. runs a twice-daily service from Dublin(Dawson St.) via Bray to Glendalough.
IMC Hut Gallery
Video Working on IMC Hut at Glendasan c1958