Please refer to the Club Constitution for a full definition of roles within the IMC.
- Is the patron of the Club
- Chairs all General Meetings
- May attend but not vote at Committee meetings
- Oversees the operation and development of the Committee
- Sets the agenda for and chairs Committee meetings
- Deals with correspondence relating to Club affairs
- Issues notices of General Meetings
- Records and publishes the minutes of Committee meetings and General Meetings
- Records and publishes details of Club policies
- Maintains the Club’s finances and accounts
- Provides financial reports to the Committee
- Presents the annual accounts to be audited
The Membership Officer
- Recruits new members
- Promotes involvement of new members in all Club activities
- Tries to retain existing members
- Monitors members’ membership status and proposes changes
- Maintains and publishes membership records
The Training Officer
- Organises and promotes training-related activities for the Club’s members.
- Organises New Member program each spring
The Publicity Officer
- Operates, maintains and promotes any publications and websites operated by the Club
- Edits, produces and manages distribution of regular Newsletters
- Encourages members to provide articles, reports, blogs, photographs for publication
- Keeps members informed about the services, facilities and benefits available to them
- Deals with general promotional publicity relating to the Club
The Meets Secretary
- Promotes regular outdoor meets
- Encourages experienced members to organise climbing meets
- Organises presenters and facilitates indoor meets/slideshows
The Hut Warden
- Operates, maintains and promotes the IMC Hut
- Operates, maintains and promotes the Club’s library
- Maintains the Club’s historical records
The Environmental Officer
- To protect the mountain environment from encroachments and damage by ourselves and other bodies.
- To create awareness of the value of certain landscapes and of the effects of encroachment on them.
- To minimise the various problems facing our fragile environment due to its interaction with the people who live in and use it.
- To increase awareness, suggest preventative and remedial measures that we can all implement in our everyday activities to prevent further loss of important habitats and ecosystems.
The Ordinary Committee Member
- Two Ordinary Committee Members may be elected at AGM or co-opted by the Committee.
- Manages and maintains the Club Website
- Moderates forum postings, blogs, comments or content changes
- Publishes Newsletters, Committee Minutes
- Facilitates any changes/updates to static content
- Facilitates other Club officers in online promotion of Club events
- Deals with any user queries or issues
- Monitors and maintains security
- Manages other online resources e.g. Facebook, Twitter
- Ensures good governance of the Club
- Audits the annual accounts
- Identifies risks and ensure these are mitigated
- Assesses financial processes and procedures
- Assesses other processes such as voting, decision making, Committee hand overs/li>
- Advises the Committee where appropriate
- Reports to the AGM