- This event has passed.
Meeting Point: 10am Brockagh Lane, Brockagh Carpark , Laragh Co. Wicklow (Not the Brockagh Resource Centre)
Meeting Point Pin https://maps.app.goo.gl/GB2MBrcoKbxMPMb28
Main Objective: One day hike
Map: East West Mapping “Lugnaquilla & Glendalough” Scale 1;25,000
Distance: 14 km approx. Time: 4 Hr 30 Mins
Hike Leader: Alan Brooks
- Start at Brockagh Lane, Brockagh Carpark and follow the forest trail north west to meet the junction (Wicklow way), continue through the junction. At the next forest road junction turn right.
- Follow the forest road until you reach a farm gate. Pass through the farm gate and follow the obvious grassy trail leading up to Brockagh Mountain South East Top Grid Ref T125 985
- At the Brockagh Mountain East Top follow the well-worn trail north west for 1.7 km to reach Brockagh Mountain Summit Grid Ref T108 991
- From Brockagh Mountain Summit Continue north west to Brockagh Mountain North West , The ground maybe boggy underfoot.
- As you continue along the track you come to a large boulder. The Aska ponds boggy ground will be to the east
- From Brockagh Mountain North West continue along the track that goes to Tonlagee. After 600m turn north east Grid Ref T097 006. This will take you to the source of the Mall Brook. Cross over the Mall Brook for bettwe walking ground.
- Follow the Mall Brook south east for 2km contouring Mall Hill until you reache the forest road. The route is boggy and care should be taken for soft ground.
- When you reach the forest road, turn right and follow the forest road south back to the starting point at Brockagh Lane carpark.
Essential: Ankle supporting hillwalking boots are essential as part of the terrain is rough, ensure you bring warm layers, rain gear, hat, gloves, head torch, first aid kit packed lunch, water and a hot drink. Walking poles are optional.