We had a super meeting attended by nine people. We discovered a lot about each other and shared ideas and perspectives. All agreed that the IMC is very inclusive to women and very supportive in every way. We discussed that having a women’s group, even for a short term, will help us connect with one another and boost confidence, benefitting the club.
Due to the pandemic, there have not been the same opportunities to share information.
Some short-term initiatives we plan to run with in the coming months are:
- A Meet Sheet to explain the equipment and other criteria for attending a meet
- Enhanced Mentoring following on from the Intro2Trad Climbing Programme
- A quick Zoom call before an upcoming meet
- A Women’s WhatApp Group (contact Áine, Sinéad R or Petrina to be added)
- IMC Committee – people give up their free time to serve, ask for solutions as well as critique e.g. Survey what people want to use most- WhatsApp or website, asking for solutions
- Peer-led hike from IMC hut with navigation skills (when restrictions allow)
- Peer-led climbing skills
- Encourage more women to lead meets and give talks
- Attend Women With Altitude Meet in 2022 and The Pinnacle Club International Meet next September https://pinnacleclub.co.uk/wt100/